Thursday, October 3, 2013

TimeShaker

Recently, I looked at a new social media platform called TimeShaker. Essentially, TimeShaker lets users arrange their photos in a timeline, or TimeView that they can share with friends or use to see where it fits in with history on the provided TimeViews. 
After looking at the website and clicking through some of the TimeViews provided, I started to get a feel for the app. While the idea behind TimeShaker seems to be well intended, the actual execution of it is confusing. The website is simple and to the point, but doesn't explain much about how TimeShare actually works or the people that created it. The option to switch from social use to business use is a nice feature, but the business site has many of the same problems as the social version of the site.

Ultimately, I don't really see TimeShare as something that I would use on a regular basis. It's inconvenient because it doesn't seem user friendly or interactive. When I want to share pictures, I'll usually upload them to Facebook and organize by albums. While they're may be a use for it in the future, I can't think of one now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment