Monday, November 4, 2013

COSI in the PAC Lab

Last Tuesday, Jaclyn Reynolds came and gave a presentation on her job as the Public Relations and Social Media Director for COSI, or the Center of Science and Industry, in Columbus. This girl has one of the coolest jobs in the world, in my opinion. Growing up I loved to visit COSI and the idea of working there is crazy. 
Jaclyn did a cool experiment for us with the help of one of my classmates and had brought videos of science experiments that they perform at the facility. She also explained how social media, media skills, multi-tasking and working with her target publics of moms, science fans and families is important in her job. 

I loved that she shamelessly plugged the internship opportunities at COSI, as well as how highly she spoke of her job. Having a job I love when I finally grow up is something that is very important to me and the fact that she wants to share her and her interns amazing experiences shows how much she loves it. It was comforting to know that all of the things she does on a daily basis with her job are things that I'm being taught in the classroom, like good writing skills, proper use of social media and the importance of being skilled in multiple areas. She was extremely personable and entertaining throughout her entire presentation. It also doesn't hurt that she is an alumnae of my sorority, Alpha Xi Delta!

Check out one of the videos that we were shown in class below. If you want to learn more about Jaclyn, follow her on Twitter @jaclynreynolds1 or email her at JReynolds@cosi.org.


1 comment:

  1. Okay before I read this, based off Ellyn's post of Jeffery's experience in the Social Media class group, I swore that COSI was a food place. I had the image of it being a cross between Panera Bread (which I also never heard of until I came to Ohio) and Au bon pain. Now that I know what it actually is I'm going to actually look it up because it sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete