Thursday, September 5, 2013

Junior year, starting...10 days ago?

My beautiful college campus.
My life has changed completely since this time year. The beginning of sophomore year, I entered Ohio Northern University as a pharmacy major with my entire life planned out. Or at least I had thought so. After that first semester, I became a public relations and communication studies double major and I haven't looked back.

Public relations is a great fit for me. I love the classes, the people, the concepts and the courses. But that does not in the slightest mean I was ready to start classes. Another week off of school with all of my friends on campus, just hanging out and playing catch up, would have been ideal. As reluctant as I was to start classes I know I'm excited to actually be doing work again. 


I have some big goals for this semester, mainly major related goals. I want to stay involved with my schools chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America, or PRSSA. I want to grow professionally through interactions with people actively involved with in public relations as a career, take advantage of the opportunities I have available with internships and, of course, ace all of my classes. 

But you're wrong if you think I'm completely focused on school work this semester. I've made a point to make sure I'm more involved on campus by going to more events put on by different organizations on campus, spending more time with my friends and staying on top of things so I can relax and enjoy myself.

Junior year has began, that's true. But I'm ready for it and this is going to be the best year of my college career yet. Here's to one more year at the fabulous college I love. 

6 comments:

  1. Can I just say how awesome it is that you made the drastic switch from pharmacy to PR/communications? That couldn't have been easy. I remember sitting in the admissions building telling you about all the wonderful opportunities the PR program at Northern offers. So happy you decided to make the GREAT switch to the "bright side!" I truly hope you find that this is your nitch...No more math and science, yay! Regardless, you go girl for hopping right in and wanting to get involved. If you're a PR major, you can't be shy!! Oh, and definitely take advantage of your time here because before you know it, you'll be a senior!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I need to be talking to you about that switch to PR, well add in my case as well as the whole double major. It has me a little nervous too. But, I'm glad you made the switch and enjoying it. Your comments have made classes pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so great that you have such a positive attitude! I made the switch from Behavioral Neuroscience, to Pre-Med, to Marketing and PR so I know how hard those decisions can be! We all end up where we are supposed to and I know you will be happy where ever you end up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you love what you're studying! When I learned that you made the switch to major in public relations and communication, I thought you would fit right in with the department. Getting involved and going to other events is also a great thing! It can be a nice break from classes. It looks like you are enjoying what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thank you guys! I really appreciate all of the positive feedback on here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And by spending more time with your friends you mean lots and lots of time with your Twinny who needs to see your pretty face outside of class!! I know, I know, I was the one that's been gone the past two weekends, but I promise I'm here for a few :)

    ReplyDelete